Home > Our Center
Of the many things that make SACHR so unique is that, at its heart, we are about survivors. Our holistic approach is based on compassion, health and human rights through pragmatic interventions. We keep our participants safe and healthy so they can find pathways to change.
We serve women, men and young adults in a judgment-free environment, offering a sanctuary that encourages people to move away from harmful behaviors to reduce the dangers of overdose, disease and high-risk behaviors.
Whom We Serve
Everyone is eligible to participate in our services – at no cost and anonymously.
We make no moral, legal or medical judgments about drug use or high-risk behaviors. Instead, we focus on concrete problems and create concrete solutions. By providing a “home,” free of stigma and misunderstanding, we welcome participants into a warm environment that fosters positive change.
- Our Sanctuary offers a quiet haven where participants can enjoy services like acupuncture, acupressure, reiki, massage and relaxation techniques.
- We have weekly support groups to help participants feel less alone and to support the changes they are making.
- Through case management, participants work with case managers, who help them create a plan for changing their lives.
- Our educational workshops provide information on health-related subjects, including nutrition and relaxation.
- We provide referrals to a wide range of services to help participants find the assistance they need.
- Mental health services allow participants to manage stress by speaking with a counselor or therapist about their lives in a private, respectful setting.
SACHR is a healing environment that fosters life stability and positive outcomes. Staff is bilingual in English & Spanish.