Helping Drug Users Help Themselves
Careers with SACHR
As our organization grows, we are regularly seeking talented and passionate employees who are interested in becoming a part of SACHR. Explore the toggles below to learn more about the jobs we have available and how to apply. If you do not see a job opening that applies to you, be sure to check back soon as we regularly update our list of available positions.
Benefit Enrollment Specialist
Bridging Access to Benefits and Care is collaboration between SACHR, Acacia & Seedco
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will connect Bronx based participants and their families to a wide range of income-enhancing benefits that have a proven impact on maintaining employment and helping families build assets. Utilizing Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online (EBO), the Benefit Enrollment Specialist will provide in-person education, benefits screening and eligibility information and public benefits application assistance to participants and their families. The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will also conduct outreach, follow up with participants to document receipt of benefits, and troubleshoot problems participants encounter while applying for benefits.
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist will work out of multiple SACHR program sites in the Bronx and is responsible for outreach to potential participants and traveling between different locations.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with participants to identify public benefits and community resources available to them utilizing Seedco”s EarnBenefits technology
- Provide in-person benefits enrollment counseling service to potential participants.
- Assist in the completion of new and renewal benefits applications on behalf of clients.
- Provide light case management for all applications, following up with participants to ensure that respective applications and required documentation is submitted and informing participants about their application status.
- Assist participants to resolve any problems and answer questions about their benefits.
- Educate eligible partner staff and prospective participants about public and community resources, and how to access those benefits.
- Ensure that all program outcomes are properly documented in an accurate and time manner through program reporting systems.
- Provide a weekly report, on program activities and individual targets to date.
- Ensure the SACHR’s programmatic goals and individual targets, as they relate to outreach and application completion, are achieved.
- Work with leadership staff to use program performance data to drive improvements to the program design and implementation.
- Participate in all required trainings and meetings; maintain a strong and current expertise in public benefits eligibility, application and enrollment, as well as community resources.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with databases and case noting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIORNMENT:
- Transporting laptop and materials between sites is required.
- Benefit Enrollment Specialist will be mobile and service different community-based organizations.
The Benefit Enrollment Specialist is supervised by the Program Coordinator. Supervisor is offsite, but with daily virtual supervision.
How to Apply: Please send a responsive cover letter and resume to Monique Bourgeois, Office Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Benefit Enrollment Specialist”.
Agency HIV/HCV Tester
Reports to: WSU Program Manager
The Agency Tester will be responsible for providing bilingual (English & Spanish), culturally competent, anonymous and confidential HIV antibody counseling, HIV/HCV testing, referrals, and related services.
The Agency Tester will provide sensitive harm reduction counseling, HIV/HCV prevention education, and referrals to participants accessing HIV/HCV testing.
The Agency Tester educates individuals about HIV/HCV and antibody testing.
The Agency Tester performs HIV/HCV risk assessments, HIV/HCV testing disclosure of test results, and enhanced risk assessments to individuals who test positive for HIV/HCV.
The Agency Tester oversees SACHR’s HIV & HCV Rapid Testing Program:
– maintains daily temperature logs
– maintains testing logs
– oversees regular cleaning of the testing room and safe deposit of medical waste
– keeps inventory of HIV & HCV Rapid Test kits
– orders new test and control kits when necessary
– performs controls at the beginning of each month and when a new batch of kits arrives
– trains new testers and performs annual checks of staff’s testing performance
– reports on monthly basis to Laboratory Director and plans yearly site visit of Lab Director.
Implements other testing protocols as introduced.
Maintains training and other requirements as directed by jurisdictional authorities.
- Education: Minimum-Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: Two years’ experience In social service organizations. Excellent working knowledge of the compendium of issues related especially to women and to those impacted by trauma and stigma, and engaged in substance use and high risk sexual behaviors.
- Special Skills: Demonstrated professional/career success in navigating institutional and social barriers. Cultural competency sensitivities to the unique characteristics of the variety of populations served is essential. Uncompromising advocacy for the dignity and worth of each person and their right to life choices.
- Training and experience in program development, implementation and management for HIV prevention interventions.
- While NYS does not certify or license HIV Testers, candidates are strongly preferred who have had training from the NYS Regional Training Centers (RTC) and Centers of Expertise.
- Experience working with persons at high risk for HIV infection.
- Experience working with active substance use populations, women, LGBTQ, socially, ethnically, and economically diverse populations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Oral and written fluency and excellent communication in both English and Spanish is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume as attachments to the email address of Joyce Rivera, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Agency Tester WSU” in the subject line.
SACHR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SACHR complies with applicable NYS and NYC laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SACHR is committed to attracting, retaining and providing opportunity for a diverse and inclusive workforce
The Case Manager position will include the following responsibilities:
- Case management/outreach/advocacy as part of a multi-disciplinary team to active drug users at the central office and outreach locations.
- Work with participants using a person-centered approach to help identify strengths/needs and establish goals and objectives.
- Recruit people in need of services who use drugs into program by understanding the unique challenges and oppression they face.
- Assist with referrals to community based services, housing applications and income/mainstream benefits applications, assistance in accessing health/mental health care, emergency food shelter, transportation, and/or other social services. Follow up as necessary.
- Complete documentation as required including electronic record keeping system, participant files adn completion of reports as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, case review and staff tranings as scheduled along with supervision and other program or agency meetings as assigned.
- HIV testing, pre/post HIV test counseling and referrals to STI/STD testing.
- HIV/AIDS and STI/STD risk education and referral to appropriate care.
- Conduct presentations about the Women’s Services Program to community agencies and businesses.
- 1 year case management experience
- Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and substance use.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills – proficient in word, excel, and electronic record keeping.
- Ability to listen and respond non-judgementally with empathy
- Experience with Trauma informed Practice, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, or other evidence-based practices.
- Familiarity with Bronx metnal health, health, housing, and social service providers.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred
- Excellent benefits package
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume as attachments to D. Alexandra Dyer, Chief Financial Officer at email@example.com with “Case Manager” in the subject line.
SACHR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SACHR complies with applicable NYS and NYC laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SACHR is committed to attracting, retaining and providing opportunity for a diverse and inclusive workforce.