Helping Drug Users Help Themselves
Careers with SACHR
As our organization grows, we are regularly seeking talented and passionate employees who are interested in becoming a part of SACHR. Explore the toggles below to learn more about the jobs we have available and how to apply. If you do not see a job opening that applies to you, be sure to check back soon as we regularly update our list of available positions.
Do you, or does someone you know, have experience in this field? If so – please get in touch!Send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
The Case Manager position will include the following responsibilities:
- Case management/outreach/advocacy as part of a multi-disciplinary team to active drug users at the central office and outreach locations.
- Work with participants using a person-centered approach to help identify strengths/needs and establish goals and objectives.
- Recruit people in need of services who use drugs into program by understanding the unique challenges and oppression they face.
- Assist with referrals to community based services, housing applications and income/mainstream benefits applications, assistance in accessing health/mental health care, emergency food shelter, transportation, and/or other social services. Follow up as necessary.
- Complete documentation as required including electronic record keeping system, participant files adn completion of reports as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, case review and staff tranings as scheduled along with supervision and other program or agency meetings as assigned.
- HIV testing, pre/post HIV test counseling and referrals to STI/STD testing.
- HIV/AIDS and STI/STD risk education and referral to appropriate care.
- Conduct presentations about the Women’s Services Program to community agencies and businesses.
- 1 year case management experience
- Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and substance use.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills – proficient in word, excel, and electronic record keeping.
- Ability to listen and respond non-judgementally with empathy
- Experience with Trauma informed Practice, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, or other evidence-based practices.
- Familiarity with Bronx metnal health, health, housing, and social service providers.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred
- Excellent benefits package
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume as attachments to Van Asher at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Case Manager” in the subject line.
SACHR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SACHR complies with applicable NYS and NYC laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SACHR is committed to attracting, retaining and providing opportunity for a diverse and inclusive workforce.